Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh so now you're a Writer...


Yup this is some crazy sh#t alright. I've tried to avoid it like the dentist but the brutal truth is that without a script you're playing the lottery. I need to learn and become good if not great at writing... screen writing... scriptwriting to start. After many attempts at producing videos without a script, the script has become the evident weak or missing link.

There are a whole array of writing arts. Novels, short stories, screen plays and even production scripts all have their own conventions. So I'm going to attempt to stick with one. However I read that it's good to have multiple projects going at once to help with writers block. I may resort to such methods.

I am working on a script "Title Unreleased" for a full featured movie. So far it's an offbeat romantic comedy but it ain't pigeon holed until you write "the end".

My goal is to write 10 screenplays before writing the script that I will endeavor to direct and produce on my own. If I'm lucky I'll get someone to buy and/or produce one of my preliminary scripts but I'm not banking on it. The mission is to write a good handful of "bad" scripts before committing to writing and producing one that I will put my heart and soul into.

So this blog will be where I live during my "writing hours" when I'm not writing my screenplays. In this way I can maintain the act of writing. I do hope that other writers and artists will visit this site to seek or offer advice, encouragement or criticisms.

BTW... I'm using Movie Magic Screen Writer to write my scripts. It's a very simple yet powerful program and it's an "industry standard". Only 200 bucks... doh!


No comments:

Post a Comment